Accounts Payable and Properties Specialist
Responsible for taking ownership of the accounts payable process and looks for efficiencies that can be gained. Analyzes expenses and verifies correct general ledger coding. Assists with tenant leases obtaining all required documentation. Leverages technology when problem solving. Reports to the Accounting Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Accounts Payable/General Accounting
- Takes ownership of the accounts payable process, including matching invoices to purchase orders, verifying general ledger coding and remitting payment to vendors.
- Creates and updates Excel spreadsheets to analyze various utilities invoices and checks for reasonableness.
- Reconciles and prepares month-end journal entries for various prepaid and inventory accounts for review by the Accounting Manager.
- Processes and posts daily cash receipts, ensuring proper allocation.
- Prepares year-end accrual journal entries, creates year-end audit work papers and assists with the annual audit.
Properties (with Properties & Procurement Manager’s oversight)
- Maintains tenant master file with Properties and Procurement Manager’s approval.
- Assists in new and supplemental lease set-up in computer software.
- Coordinates tenant and Authority utility responsibility transfers and tenant insurance/letter of credit/audit compliance requests.
- Maintains tenant insurance certificate listing and is proactive in obtaining updated certificates.
- Administers the monthly fixed asset process, including working with multiple departments to determine project status, reconciling construction work in progress accounts, controlling the adding and deleting of assets in the fixed asset software, creating monthly transfer and depreciation entries and monthly depreciation reconciliations.
- Maintains a secure workstation, confidentiality and creates backups as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned and necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented and maintains highest level of confidentiality.
- Conveys a pleasant, cheerful, positive and professional image to applicants, employees, Board Members and visitors.
- Team player who collaborates effectively with employees, managers and directors.
- Demonstrates initiative and solves problems.
- Works independently, sets priorities, manages time and meets deadlines.
- Easily adapts to a wide variety of work activities and changing environments.
- Experience with or ability to learn JD Edwards Enterprise One software.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associates Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business and/or a minimum of 3 years
practical accounting experience.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Intermediate to expert ability using Microsoft Office programs, or the willingness to learn the Microsoft Office Suite.
We have a generous benefits package including a 401(k) matching program.