This role involves leading or assisting in numerous financial aspects/areas of the Authority including but not limited to: annual independent audit, annual budget and ongoing forecasting and analysis. The Finance & Budget Supervisor will oversee and/or assist with various accounting functions including: procurement, properties, billings and cash receipts, accounts payable and cash disbursements, fixed asset accounting, general ledger and journal entries, and monthly and annual financial reporting. Must demonstrate leadership capabilities and have a desire to be flexible to organizational needs. Must be able to exercise solid, independent and discrete judgment with respect to departmental issues and certain financial matters involving the Authority’s business operations. This is an exempt position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
FINANCE, BUDGET AND FORECASTING
• Finance / Budget – Prepare and/or assist with annual revenue, expense and capital budget including rates and charges, and fees for all tenant agreements; ongoing budget forecasting, and other financial analysis in coordination with Senior Accounting and Administration Manager and Chief Commercial Officer.
• Forecasting – Prepare and/or assist in preparation of pro forma forecasts (i.e., 3-7 year forward looking) of Authority’s financial results, including airline rates and charges, providing insights on Authority’s financial capacity to fund the capital improvement program, and other strategic and financial issues in coordination with the Chief Commercial Officer.
• Analyze datasets, create data models, identify patterns and trends in datasets, and assist in preparing presentation materials.
FINANCIAL REPORTING, ACCOUNTING, AND SUPERVISORY
• Accounting and Financials – Prepare monthly statement of Income and Expenses, Cash and Investment Summary, or other financial reports. Assist in the preparation of the year-end financial audit workpapers and audit report and be the main point of contact for external auditors. Oversee the preparation and balancing of monthly concessions gross receipt and other tenant revenue reports. Create monthly manager’s budget schedules and income and expense accounts for reasonableness. Determine the need for, develop and maintain additional management and financial reports on an as-needed basis through the use of computer programs/spreadsheets.
• Cash and Investments – Prepare bank cash account monthly reconciliations and investment accrued interest receivable calculations. Record investment purchases and maturities as made by the Chief Financial Officer.
• Accounting Supervisory – Conduct annual reviews and ongoing mentoring and development of three employees. Provide analysis and recommendations of potential modifications of Accounting Department policies, procedures and practices. Assist in oversight of accounts payable, accounts receivable, and fixed assets. Assist in oversight and preparation of general ledger and monthly reconciliations. Assist with review or questions regarding payroll issues or reports.
• Develop Excel spreadsheets, graphs, charts, dashboards and PowerPoint presentations on a variety of accounting and operational topics/issues as directed by Authority management.
• Assist in other duties as assigned.
REVENUE DEVELOPMENT / PROPERTIES / PROCUREMENT
• Assist Properties & Procurement Manager on concessionaire agreed upon procedures in conjunction with the independent external auditor. Verify concessionaire annual gross receipts audits.
• Oversee the entry of leases into the revenue management system and coordinate with the Accounts Payable & Properties Specialist on changes/updates that need to be made.
• Develop and maintain additional management reports through the use of ERP/ABRM.
• Gain a thorough understanding of procurement processes and procedures, general ledger coding and approval routes. Provide support to the Properties & Procurement Manager creating redundancy in the department.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience with a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• CPA Certificate or MBA a plus.
• Able to work efficiently and professionally with others.
• Detail-oriented, with a desire for accuracy, and maintains highest level of confidentiality.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to problem-solve and work independently.
• Possess good organizational skills to manage time effectively and establish priorities.
• Ability to mentor and develop others.
• Strong sense of urgency.
• Demonstrate leadership capabilities and remain flexible to the needs of the organization.